Coordinates and follows up on activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Schedules employees assigned to team and manages team overtime hours.
- Completes reports of operations activities.
- Knowledgeable in all company policies and management practices.
- Facilitates work processes and monitors day-to-day functions.
- Works with other management to ensure risk assessments are current and up-to-date.
- Conducts safety meetings on a regular basis and complies with all safety/security regulations.
- Ensures safety precautions are taken and that all team members are trained [and current] on the equipment they use.
- Adheres to all carrier/customer and CBP requirements where applicable.
- Hires and/or assists with the hiring and training of new hires [including ensuring payroll documentation is completed and forwarded to Corporate in a timely manner].
- Provides feedback to employees on their performance.
- Communicates and provides feedback to/from customers and includes other locations where applicable.
Immediate supervision of a unit but acts as an understudy to a higher level position.
H.S. Diploma or GED; or over 3 years up to and including 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid State Driver’s License - Dangerous Goods Acceptance CertificationOther requirements
- May occasionally be asked to run local errands.
- Security Clearance, (for airport security purposes) pass a 10-year background screening.